Skip to main content

“If you happen to be in town...”

... would you go to prom with me?” 11 years ago Wes asked me that question over the phone and it changed our relationship, and our lives, forever. That’s another story for another time. But almost 4 years ago, one of the first nights after bringing Sophia home from the hospital, Wes repeated that question and I just wept openly. I could weep now just thinking about it. He said it because we both couldn’t believe this life God has given us. Amazed at the love story He’s written us. Amazed at how we now had a child together. Making babies, being parents, raising children for the Lord, it’s exhausting and definitely a strain on marriage at times. But more than that, it is a new level of intimacy and fun that you just can’t experience without kids. Since Sophia, we journeyed through a miscarriage which also drew us closer and bonded us in a new way, Liza’s pregnancy and now almost two years of life, and in 8 days we will be holding our newest baby, Lydia June. As we prepare for her birth one of the things I’m most excited about is the new level of intimacy I’ll experience with Wes again. It’s just so good. Having a baby together and raising a family. And somehow it just keeps getting better. Watching the love of your life hold your baby- there’s nothing in the world like it, but then also watching him hold your preschooler and speak gently to her and pray with her, and make her laugh and become this little girl’s whole world, there’s nothing like that either. Thank you Lord for the gift of marriage and the gift of children and how it all works so beautifully together for your glory.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer for Liza

Liza is sick once again. Fever as high as 104 and yesterday was almost constantly wheezing. I encouraged Sophie to pray for Liza after tucking her in to bed last night. When she got up this morning I asked Sophie how she slept and she said “really good and I asked God to make Liza all better!” I knew that if Sophie would pray for Liza, God would show her He hears her prayers. Sure enough, Liza’s breathing is significantly better and she’s barely feverish. Thank you God for hearing her prayers and showing her your presence, faithfulness, and that you hear us.

His Heartbeart's All Mixed Up in Yours

That's what the doctor said as she found our littlest baby's heart beat today. And my heart melted. Isn't that what motherhood is? Our heartbeat's all mixed up with each other? My mom once told me that I am her heart that beats outside her body. I thought that was the sweetest thing to ever say. And then I became a mom myself and realized that's the perfect way to describe my love and devotion to my children. Thank you Lord, for filling my quiver one by one. Truly I am blessed. And thank you for the gift of hearing a new heartbeat today.