Skip to main content

A Call to Be Home

Lately I've been feeling the Lord speaking to my heart the importance of being home. With Wes's work schedule and the amount of hours he works, I often like to make plans or get out of the house to help the days go faster. The Lord's been calling me to just be home. Make home a fun place for the girls. A place they love to be. So, I'm trying. My days are slow and long. But what a blessing! In a world where everyone else wants time to slow down, where everyone else is so busy, I get to be at home with my two sweet girls getting to witness their whole entire day. Experiencing every single thing they are. And enjoying one another.

Wes was off yesterday and I thought it would be fun to go for a hike in the afternoon. To have a nice big breakfast together, have a lazy morning playing playmobil and reading books, but after nap get in the car, get some ice cream from McDonalds, and go for a little hike. Sophie was so excited about it she was talking so fast and so much as I was putting her in the car. We got the ice cream but right as we got to our hiking spot, it started to thunder. And then downpour. Needless to say we headed home and I was pretty disappointed. But when we got home, Wes set up the girls's new  play castle and they got in there with their stuffed animals and were laughing together the rest of the afternoon. And I bottled it all up in my heart, pondering it all. That's what I'm trying to do more lately as we spend time at home. Ponder it all. Like Mary. And notice things. Just this morning at breakfast Sophie said, "Mommy, what would you like to talk about while we eat?" And I've been pondering that today. And praising God. My sweet girl wants to talk to me while we eat. Usually before nap and before bed I'll ask her what her favorite part of the morning or day was and then without missing a beat she asks me the same thing. The Lord is showing me that these are the foundational years. Having a good relationship with my future teenager starts now. Being available, talking about everything, and enjoying home. Thank you Jesus for your guidance and the time and space to ponder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer for Liza

Liza is sick once again. Fever as high as 104 and yesterday was almost constantly wheezing. I encouraged Sophie to pray for Liza after tucking her in to bed last night. When she got up this morning I asked Sophie how she slept and she said “really good and I asked God to make Liza all better!” I knew that if Sophie would pray for Liza, God would show her He hears her prayers. Sure enough, Liza’s breathing is significantly better and she’s barely feverish. Thank you God for hearing her prayers and showing her your presence, faithfulness, and that you hear us.

His Heartbeart's All Mixed Up in Yours

That's what the doctor said as she found our littlest baby's heart beat today. And my heart melted. Isn't that what motherhood is? Our heartbeat's all mixed up with each other? My mom once told me that I am her heart that beats outside her body. I thought that was the sweetest thing to ever say. And then I became a mom myself and realized that's the perfect way to describe my love and devotion to my children. Thank you Lord, for filling my quiver one by one. Truly I am blessed. And thank you for the gift of hearing a new heartbeat today.

Toddler Problems and My Some-What Solutions

I was talking with a good friend yesterday about our toddler problems. And she said one of her friends who has older kids had told her recently, “little kids, little problems, big kids, big problems.” I can’t stop thinking about that profound statement as I’ve been living with these little toddler problems having the woe-is-me attitude. I wanted to share our tiny little problems and the things I do to help solve them for anyone that may find them useful or for my future self and future toddlers. These are little problems and not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I need this reminder constantly when I feel like I’m sinking. 1. Screaming/ crying in the car. Liza has always been terrible in the car. I keep thinking soon it will end but it hasn’t so far. So, I decided last week for my sanity, any trip longer than 10 minutes I’m giving her a lollipop. And it works like a charm. 2  Up through the night and awake early. I go to bed as soon as I can. Always by 10:30. Some times by 8